The Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowship programme is jointly carried out by the Leibniz Association (Leibniz-Gemeinschaft e.V.) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Leibniz-DAAD fellowships offer highly-qualified, international postdoctoral researchers, who have recently completed their doctoral studies, the opportunity to conduct research at a Leibniz Institute of their choice in Germany.
Terms of the Fellowship
Fellowships can be awarded for 12 months and include:
• a monthly instalment of €2,000,
• a combined health, accident and personal liability insurance as well as long-term care insurance in Germany,
• a research allowance of €460 per annum and
• a two-months German language course in Germany (if desired).
Family-related allowances or support for travel costs are not provided.
The fellowship period must commence between 1 September 2018 and 1 January 2019.
At the time of the application deadline, applicants for a Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowship must neither hold German nationality nor have resided in Germany more than the last six months prior to the application deadline.
• be able to prove their outstanding academic or research achievements,
• have completed their PhD or equivalent qualification in 2016 or later,
• pursue a project for which the respective Leibniz Institute can offer an adequate infrastructure and scientific environment and
• have excellent knowledge of English (knowledge of German is welcome).
Please see here for further information.