Below you will find a list of a number organisations that might be useful if you plan to study or carry out research in Ireland, or already do so.
The DES administers the Language Assistants Programme. Up to thirty language assistants posts are exchanged with Germany each year. The role of language assistants is to help language teachers at the school where they are assigned.
International Section / Department of Education and Skills
T. +353 1 889 2280
F. +353 1 889 6798
Enterprise Ireland manage the Education in Ireland national brand under the authority of the Minister for Education and Skills. They are responsible for the promotion of Irish Higher Education Institutions overseas and for supporting the development of manufacturing and internationally traded services companies. Enterprise Ireland provide funding and supports for companies - from entrepreneurs with plans for a high potential start-up through to large companies expanding their activities, improving efficiency and growing export sales. They also provide funding and supports for college based researchers to assist in the development, protection and transfer of technologies into industry via licensing or spin-out companies.
Web: Erasmus in Ireland
31 Trimleston Avenue / Booterstown / Blackrock / Co. Dublin
T. +353 1 2776 100
F. +353 1 2776 110
The Goethe-Institut aims to encourage international cultural co-operation by organising cultural events and projects, library and information services, teaching advice for German as a foreign language and language courses.
37 Merrion Square
T. +353 1 680 1100
QQI are responsible for:
- maintaining the ten-level NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications)
- setting standards for awards in the NFQ
- validating education and training programmes and making extensive awards in the further education and training sector including in the Education and Training Boards
- making awards in higher education mainly to learners in private providers (The universities and institutes of technology largely make their own awards.)
- providing advice on recognition of foreign qualifications in Ireland and on the recognition of Irish qualifications abroad
- reviewing the effectiveness of quality assurance in further and higher education and training providers in Ireland