Vacancy from April 2019 onwards, application deadline 09.01.2019
The DAAD London offers students, preferably of the humanities and social sciences, who wish to gain professional experience in British-German university cooperation the opportunity to complete a work placement.
• Enrolled as a student at a German or British/Irish University (undergraduates should have completed a minimum of two years)
• (Preferably) bilingual German/English or Mother-tongue German with a good knowledge of English
• Good computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, image and video editing programmes)
• able to prioritise own workload
• ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• administration/support experience, ideally within an office environment would be desirable
Main areas of responsibility
The intern will support the DAAD London Team with the following activities (depending on the season):
• Support the administration of scholarship programmes (electronic processing of applications, search for experts, organising committees)
• Assistance with organising meetings, seminars or conferences
• Conduct research on various topics
• Support the Info Service
• Various administrative tasks
The work placements are offered for a period of three months.
Please email your application (curriculum vitae and cover letter) to infodaad.org.uk.
• Internship agreement
• The normal working week is 38,5 hours
• 2 holidays per full calendar month
• remuneration: 100 GBP per week